Trio No. 25

1. 
My biggest regret is having told a child that there is no adventure left in the world. 

He is grown now and I hope he didn't listen. 

2. 
At summer camp I always took archery class and when one of us shot a perfect bullseye the instructor would let that camper launch an arrow into the woods which was a fairly irresponsible thing to allow. 

3. 
A list of objects and compound objects:

A set of leather stamps: the alphabet. 

A plastic wristband, signifying aquatic prowess. 

The dew-wet grass of a soccer field. 

The hand of a red-haired girl, which I never held.

The same hand tousling my hair, which I never forgot. 

A chapel, where I was held hostage twice a day. 

The counter at the new snack shop. 

Overalls worn by the counselor my counselor was in love with. 

The moss I peeled from a cabin roof. 

The boys I threw it at. 

The circle I ran laps around as punishment. 

A letter from home.

Comments

Popular Posts