Trio No. 21 (for Michael Friedman)

1. 
I had almost forgotten
The way the words refused to rhyme
But made music all the same. 

I had almost forgotten
The voices that were suddenly allowed
To speak for themselves

2. 
Soon after I made myself a note so I wouldn't forget what to say every night I was told to stop saying it but I left my note there in order to remember what I had said and each night I imagined what it would be like if I were still allowed to say it. 

3. 
A list of objects and compound objects:

A stage. 

A piece of black tape, left over. 

A door that lets the light in. 

The foam covering a small microphone. 

A small screen, closed circuit. 

The middle ring of a binder. 

The jackhammer that I can hear but not see. 

The nose of a co-worker. 

The chairs in a theater. 

A coffee cup, almost too hot to hold. 

A homemade tattoo. 

A small, empty room. 

A grand piano. 

Comments

Popular Posts