Trio No. 5

1.
Look, if I could sleep, I would sleep.

If I could shake this view, this panorama of heads and walls and other objects, and see black and feel the liquid absence of the solid world, I would stay as long as possible.

Until the sun has burned the dew from the grass and the neighborhood dogs have retired to their dustbowls in alleys and under wooden benches.


2.
What will happen to my hair as I age?

My gene pool says it's anyone's guess.

3.
A list of objects and compound objects:

A pair of eyeglasses, open on a desktop.

A globe, turned on its side in the window of a junks shop.

Three dried pinto beans in an empty tuna fish can.

A VCR.

A rack of hanging dog leashes in a pet store.

A rack of hanging dog leashes in a bookstore.

A rack of hanging dog leashes in a grocery store.

A man's hat, half buried in sand.

A mannequin, one hand removed.

Two television sets, facing one another on the curb.

Spaghetti, uncooked.

A turtle's shell, painted in neon colors.

An apple on a white plate.

An envelope containing cash, attached to a clipboard.

36 plastic action figures in varying condition.

Comments

Popular Posts