Trio No. 1


1.
I have been told:
Red sky holds meaning.

I have been warned:
If you search for fame, you may find it.

I have been asked:
When will you love yourself?

I have been taught:
Thou shalt not kill.

I have been advised:
Waste not want.

2.
Under this train are bodies and bones.

I travel over many as I ride.

They cannot sense me or feel me.

They are like women in a magazine

Who know nothing of me

And whose faces and bodies I quickly forget.

3.
A list of objects and compound objects:

A bowl filled with cherry pits.

Three keys tied to the neck of a stuffed giraffe.

An unripe orange.


A floor lamp with a torn shade.

A box of discarded newspapers.

A book with the cover torn off.

A sculpture of a hand with six fingers.

Colored marbles in a rusted candy tin.

Three feet of red string.

A fly's wing stuck to a windowsill.

A jar of honey.

An empty rabbit cage.

A reupholstered chair.

A candle that has burned to the bottom of the wick.

A very small model airplane, poorly painted.

Cat feces.

Flour left scattered on a countertop.

A rain barrel, full to the brim.

A blade of grass, cut by a blade.

The blade that cut it.

The handlebars of a new bicycle.

A dog, cowering in a thunderstorm. 


Comments

Popular Posts